United States, California, Los AngelesSales
Headgum and Gumball are looking for a full-time VP, Sales to lead our rapidly growing team of like-minded and hungry sellers.
We specialize in live, host-read advertisements across some of the biggest and funniest podcasts available including; Not Another D&D Podcast, WHOA That's Good, Doughboys, If I Were You, Newcomers, and many more. Our inventory is in the hundreds of millions every year and growing.
The host read ad is what makes podcast advertising so effective. We are seeking passionate communicators and advocates that can showcase the power of host-read ads to potential advertisers. Your primary responsibility will be leading a team of sellers as we continue to land new advertisers for our podcasts. We are an ambitious and flexible team. You’ll be empowered to achieve big goals in the way that suits you best.
Los Angeles / New York based preferred, open to remote work.
About Headgum / Gumball
Headgum is a leading comedy podcast network powered by the tech marketplace Gumball, which specializes in host-read ads. We are a small startup team with bright ideas that likes to move fast and have fun. Forward-thinking and tech-savvy, we’re looking to add creative, intelligent members who are looking to face any challenge the industry may present. Join us and build the future of on-demand audio.
- Manage a team of sellers and account managers
- Find and develop new advertising clients on an ongoing basis
- Consistently grow and nurture your new and existing business sales pipeline
- Track and present pipeline success metrics to the team, and use data to drive opportunistic decisions
- Develop and implement strategy for several sellers and account managers
- Collaborate with management and executive team
- At least 8-10 years experience in sales, business development, or comparable work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and people skills
- Unrivaled work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and self-direct
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve and work through logistical sales and fulfillment issues
- Savvy technical aptitude and desire to use new technologies and tools to work efficiently