Head of Marketing & Audience Growth
Headgum is searching for a Head of Marketing. You will be primarily responsible for growing the audience and reach for our existing roster of podcasts and for successfully launching and promoting new podcasts.
This is a hybrid strategy and execution role, where you can flex your creative and operational marketing muscles to create and execute on the company’s growth marketing roadmap. You will also have the opportunity to build strong and deep relationships with today’s podcasting talent, distribution platforms, press, and industry players to create a marketing machine that will power the audience growth for each podcast on the Headgum network.
You’re a relationship driven, strategic, analytical, and hard-working podcast junkie who gets your fix by helping connect artists with a loyal and growing audience. You’re a curious and insatiable learner, and you consider yourself a tech savvy tinkerer. You’re just as excited to experiment with a new idea, tech platform, or marketing strategy as you are optimizing your tried and true methods. This is a hands on role that will have a tangible impact on the direction of the company.
This position is based in Los Angeles or New York. Open to remote work.
Headgum is a leading comedy podcast network and advertising marketplace with an emphasis on host-read ads. We are a small startup team with bright ideas that likes to move fast and have fun. Forward thinking and tech savvy, we’re looking to add creative, intelligent members who are looking to face any challenge the industry may present. Join us and build the future of on-demand audio.
- Create a holistic and scalable podcast marketing strategy for Headgum’s podcast portfolio with ambitious and measurable growth targets
- Identify and execute on marketing opportunities for individual podcasts on the network
- Manage the launch and promotional plans for new original podcasts, and shows that join the network
- Track marketing performance and provide data-driven recommendations based on analytical insights
- Oversee internal social media strategy and communications, and assist podcast hosts with their social presence and asset creation
- Mentor and empower podcast hosts to effectively and efficiently promote their own shows and the Headgum brand
- Build and maintain relationships with distribution platforms (i.e. Spotify, Apple, etc), podcast networks, press and other relevant industry players to promote Headgum podcasts
- Own the press strategy and ensure that Headgum podcasts are top of mind for editorial features
- Expand content distribution relationships and marketing channel mix to maximize audience discoverability across new and existing channels
- At least 5-7 years content marketing, growth marketing, or audience development in a leadership role with a media company, influencer platform, or similar relevant experience
- A creative, critical thinker, who is unafraid to test new ideas, experiment, and learn
- Fluent in performance marketing best practices and ad products, with deep expertise in at least one paid marketing platform
- Proficient in data analytics, data collection and presentation, and comfortable turning data into actionable insights
- Acumen within the podcasting industry and on-demand audio
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- An obsessive attention to detail
- Comfortable with editing and executing contract agreements
- A motivated self starter who takes initiative on new ideas
- Passionate about podcasting, startups, & technology